Risk Factors of Covid-19 Transmission between Hospital Employees

Siti Ulfah1), Cicilya Candi2), Ede Surya Darmawan2)


1)Masters Program in Hospital Administration, Faculty of Public Health, Universitas Indonesia

2)Faculty of Public Health, Universitas Indonesia



Background: Coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) in healthcare workers at hospital has caused concern because of the higher rates of infection from patients. The aimed of the study was to investigate the risk factors of covid-19 transmission between hospital employees.

Subject and Method: This was a qualitative study conducted from August to September 2020. A total of 19 confirmed Covid-19 cases were selected for this study. The data were collected by in-depth interview analyzed descriptively.

Results: From 19 confirmed Covid-19 cases, 15 of it were medical staff (78.95%) and the rest were non-medical staff (21.05%). The risk factors of transmission were direct contact with confirmed Covid-19 patient and neglected health protocol.

Conclusion: The risk of Covid-19 transmission among hospital employees increases with a direct contact with patients and the neglection of health protocol.

Keywords: Covid-19 transmission, hospital employees

Correspondence: Siti Ulfah. Masters Program in Hospital Administration, Faculty of Public Health, Universitas Indonesia. Email: sitiulfah111@gmail.com. Mobile: (021) 7864975.

DOI: https://doi.org/10.26911/the7thicph.01.23

Share this :

View PDF